Biography of Jim Brassard's 45 years in the Martial Arts
Jim Brassard receives a Presidential Sports Award for the Martial Arts signed by
The President of the United States
Awarded top 200 schools & Instructor in North America(out of 35,000) by Martial Arts Business magazine and Macho supply company.
Awarded..."Presidentially Awarded Martial
Arts Grandmaster of the Year" at the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2017 in NY (1st Time this award has ever been given since it started in 76)
Follow up congratulatory letter sent to GM Brassard from The President of the United States Barack Obama
Awarded "Outstanding Contribution to The Martial Arts As A Grand Master of the Martial Arts" in NJ. 1/8/10
Movie Star Jeff Speakman "The Perfect Weapon" & GM Jim Brassard in NJ Jan 2010 at Alan Goldbergs Hall of Honors
GM. Jim Brassard began his training in Jan. of 1976, and then started teaching in 77. He even earned credits towards his high school diploma by working as an instructor for his karate school 3 days a week in Leominster Ma.
He then made a career of it in 1982 by taken charge of a Danvers Ma. school, then later traveled to Cape Cod MA in 1986
He also been on the board of directors of several of the worlds largest martial arts organizations.
- In 2005 he was awarded the "Kenpo Master of The Year" from the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in New York.
- In 2006 he was awarded a 10th Degree Black Belt by Dr. Jim Thomas Ph.D/D.Sc./Ma.-10th Dan and a council of over 15 Grandmasters from around the world, with some notables as Hirouki Mastsumoto (Japan), Aaron Banks (New York) and Sang T. Kim (Korea).
Along with this rank the council granted him the title of Soke.
- In that same year, he was also awarded the "Grandmaster of the Year" from the U.S.A Martial Arts Alliance.
- 2007 he was awarded "A Pioneer in the Martial Arts" which he received at the Hall of Fame awards held in New York. "Power Ranger" Jason David Frank was also honored well.
- The World Karate Union Hall of Fame awarded GM. Brassard the "Grandmaster of the Year"
in June 07 in PA. (The same Hall of Fame That Awarded Chuck Norris Lifetime Achievement)
- On March 15th 2008 Mr. Brassard was awarded a Honorary Doctorates of Martial Arts Philosophy & A Doctorates of Martial Arts Science (Ph.D./Ma.D.Sc.) from the
University of Asian Martial Studies. Dr. Jim Thomas Ph.D./D.Sc./Ma.Sc. President; College of Martial Arts Science, and other 15 Grandmasters from around the world were the authorizers and presenters of this Degree.
He also received the "Silver Lifetime Achievement Award" at the Hall of Fame event held in NJ. at the same time in 08.
- Feb. 2009 he was awarded the "Diamond Lifetime Achievement Award" in New York at the U.S.A Martial Arts Hall of Fame in NY.
- On Jan 8th, 2010 he was asked by GM Alan Goldberg to attend and receive one of the Highest awards given, "Outstanding Contribution to The Martial Arts As A Grand Master" at his Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors in NJ.
This event is commonly termed "The Academy Awards of Martial Arts" Drawing the worlds largest assembly of celebrities, champions, suppliers in the Martial Arts with over 2000 in attendance.
- March 2013 He was awarded "Outstanding Soke Of The Year" from the USA Martial Arts Hall Of Fame in NJ.
- Awarded The "Presidentially Awarded Martial Arts Grandmaster of the Year" at the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in N.Y. 2017 1st time this award has ever been issued
-In 2018 He became a writer for Black Belt Magazine, 1st article published Feb/March 2019
Jim Brassard Honored with "Power Ranger" Jason David Frank at the USA Hall of Fame 2007
With Ji Han Jae, the gold Hapikdo fighter who fights Bruce Lee in the Movie 'Game of Death" at the Action Hall of Honors 2010
The clip from the movie "Game of Death" Bruce Lee fights Ji Han Jae
Movie Star Don "The Dragon" Wilson & GM Jim Brassard at the Action Martial Arts Hall of Honors in NJ. Jan. 8th 2010
Awarded "Diamond Lifetime Achievement Award" at the U.S.A Martial Arts Hall of Fame in NY. 2009 by GM Dr. Jim Thomas
Grandmaster Fred Villari awarding Jim Brassard with the 1st Place medal for fighting in Danvers Ma. March 1980
With Master Danny Lane, A Living Legend in the Martial Arts at the USA Hall of Fame 2017
- Karate Studio Management Program, completed in 82.
- Former Ambassador to the IFC Martial Arts group of Texas in 93.
- Soke of the Shaolin American Kenpo/Kempo Karate, Kung-fu and Ju-Jitsu System.
- Former writer for the Martial Arts Business magazine.
- Awarded top 200 schools & Instructor in North America by Martial Arts Business magazine and Macho supply company.
- Received Distinguished Service Award in 1994 from the IFC. of Texas.
- Received "Excellence in the Martial Arts" Award from Martial Arts Business Magazine 94
- Former Regional Director of Villari's International in 1988.
- Appointed Video Historian for Action Martial Arts Magazine in 2010 by editer GM Alan Goldberg
- Writer from Black Belt Magazine since 2019
- Author of these International selling Courses...
Cover of the 1st Black Belt Magazine that Grandmaster Brassard wrote for. "SPEED VS POWER"
Jim Brassard with late Kenpo Grandmaster Nick Cerio in 1992
Actor Michael Jai White from "The Dark Knight" & "Black Dynamite" & GM Jim Brassard in NJ. Jan. 2010
SNL's Joe Piscopo & GM Jim Brassard with their awards at the Action Martial Arts Magazines Hall of Fame in N.J. Juan. 2010
With Hollywood actor Geoff Meed (right) and Brad Randolph
The Awarded Grandmasters 2016
GM Fred Villari awarding Jim Brassard 3rd place in Kata at the USSD tournament 1981
Hollywood Actor Geoff Meed has sought out GM Jim Brassard for instruction in the Martial Arts, and has been acknowledged on his IMDb Bio Page
- 1st place Black Belt Sparring in 1980 at Villari's Internationals.
- 3rd place for Kata in 1981, at Villari's Internationals.
- 1st place for Kata in 1982, at Villari's regionals.
- Professional Karate League Official - Certified in 1991
- Ranked 5th Dan in American Kenpo with Nick Cerio's International Association in 91.
- Awarded the title of Shihan from Prof. Nick Cerio in 92.
- Awarded Kenpo Master of the Year in 2005 from U.S.A Martial Arts Hall of Fame in New York.
- Awarded 10th Degree Black Belt on 2/1/2006 from the council of the U.S.A. Martial Arts Allaince
Recognized as Grandmaster in Shaolin American Kempo Karate by the International Kenpo Karate Federation ( I.K.K.F.) 2006
- Awarded a Sokeship from U.S.A Martial Arts Alliance in 2006.
- Awarded Grandmaster of the Year, in 2006 from the U.S.A Martial Arts Alliance Hall Of Fame.
- Awarded A Pioneer in the Martial Arts, in 2007 from the Martial Arts Hall Of Fame in New York.
- Awarded the Grandmaster of the Year from the World Karate Union Hall of Fame of PA. 6/23/07
- Awarded the Silver Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2008 Martial Arts Hall of Fame in New Jersey, March 15th
- Awarded the Diamond Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2009 U.S.A Martial Arts Hall of Fame in New York Feb 28th
- Awarded Outstanding Contribution to The Martial Arts As A Grand Master at the Martial Arts Hall of Honors in NJ. 1/8/10
- Awarded Lifetime Achievment In The Martial Arts at the USA Martial Arts Hall Of Fame In NJ. 2012
- Awarded Outstanding Soke Of the Year 2013 from the USA Martial Arts Hall Of Fame
- In 2016 Grandmaster Jim Brassard was Awarded a Sports Commendation for the Martial Arts by the President of the United States Barack Obama
- Awarded Presidentially Awarded Martial Arts Grandmaster of the Year at the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in N.Y. 2017. 1st time this award has ever been issued
- In 2018 GM Jim Brassard was listed in the book "The Sensational 600" as one of The Worlds Greatest Martial Artist
One of GM Brassard's students, Hollywood Actor and Writer Geoff Meed with "The Rock"
In 2018 Grandmaster Jim Brassard was listed in the book"The Sensational 600" as one of The Worlds Greatest Martial Artist