GM. Jim Brassard began his training in Jan. of 1976, and then started teaching in 77. He even earned credits towards his high school diploma by working as an instructor for his karate school 3 days a week in Leominster MA.
He then made a career of it in 1982 by taken charge of a Danvers MA. school, then later traveled to Cape Cod MA in 1986
He also been on the board of directors of several of the worlds largest martial arts organizations.
- In 2005 he was awarded the "Kenpo Master of The Year" from the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in New York.
➡️ In 2006 he was awarded a 10th Degree Black Belt by Dr. Jim Thomas Ph.D/D.Sc./Ma.-10th Dan and a council of over 15 Grandmasters from around the world, with some notables as Hirouki Mastsumoto (Japan), Aaron Banks (New York) and Sang T. Kim (Korea).
Along with this rank the council granted him the title of "Soke"
- In that same year, he was also awarded the "Grandmaster of the Year" from the U.S.A Martial Arts Alliance.
- 2007 he was awarded "A Pioneer in the Martial Arts" which he received at the Hall of Fame awards held in New York. "Power Ranger" Jason David Frank was also honored well.
- The World Karate Union Hall of Fame awarded GM. Brassard the "Grandmaster of the Year" in June 07 in PA. (The same Hall of Fame That Awarded Chuck Norris Lifetime Achievement)
➡️On March 15th 2008 Mr. Brassard was awarded a Honorary Doctorates of Martial Arts Philosophy & A Doctorates of Martial Arts Science (Ph.D./Ma.D.Sc.) from the University of Asian Martial Studies. Dr. Jim Thomas Ph.D./D.Sc./Ma.Sc. President; College of Martial Arts Science, and other 15 Grandmasters from around the world were the authorizers and presenters of this Degree.
He also received the "Silver Lifetime Achievement Award" at the Hall of Fame event held in NJ. at the same time in 08.
- Feb. 2009 he was awarded the "Diamond Lifetime Achievement Award" in New York at the U.S.A Martial Arts Hall of Fame in NY.
➡️On Jan 8th, 2010 he was asked by GM Alan Goldberg to attend and receive one of the Highest awards given, "Outstanding Contribution to The Martial Arts As A Grand Master" at his Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors in NJ.
This event is commonly termed "The Academy Awards of Martial Arts" Drawing the worlds largest assembly of celebrities, champions, suppliers in the Martial Arts with over 2000 in attendance.
- March 2013 He was awarded "Outstanding Soke Of The Year" from the USA Martial Arts Hall Of Fame in NJ.
➡️ In 2016 Grandmaster Jim Brassard was Awarded a Sports Commendation for the Martial Arts by the President of the United States Barack Obama
➡️ Awarded The "Presidentially Awarded Martial Arts Grandmaster of the Year" at the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame in N.Y. 2017. 1st time this award has ever been issued
➡️ In 2018 He became a writer for Black Belt Magazine, 1st article published Feb/March 2019